One-on-One Photography Instruction
Personalized photography instruction to get you shooting better, no matter your skill level
Each one-on-one photography session is tailored to your skill level and your interests—no matter if you are new to photography or a seasoned Photoshop wizard. You and your instructor will work on YOUR images and photographic skills behind the camera and infront of the computer. Most students schedule 1.5 hour sessions, but you may book as much time as you like, priced at $120 per hour. Our one-on-one photographic instruction is available for teens as well as adults.
Possible topics include but are not limited to:
Behind the Camera
- Automatic to manual
- New camera crash course
- Composition and exposure
- Preparation for a trip
- Studio lighting ($150 per hour)
On the Computer
- Image compositing
- Color management
- Spotting and retouching
- Layers and layer masking
- Photoshop CS or Photoshop Elements basics
- Adobe Lightroom and the digital workflow
- Adjustment layers and non-destructive editing
In the Darkroom with Hendrik Paul
$175 package includes:
- Start the day with an hour-long one-on-one photographic instruction session with Hendrik Paul. This consultation will be tailored to your darkroom skill level.
- Then you will have three hours of solo darkroom time to apply your skills.
- The day will close with a follow-up with Henrik.
- Chemicals and a pack of 10 8” x 10” multigrade RC paper included.